- Participate with business representatives/users and business analysts, release manager, and/or development manager in the requirements definition process.
- Review and sign-off on completed requirements documents.
- Translate business requirements into viable technical architectures, database schema, and designs.
- Implement the designs (design, code, test, deploy).
- Support the deployed applications through debugging, fixing, and maintenance releases.
- Understand the current applications and technical architecture and insure that adherence to architecture standards are followed.
- Work with users, contractors, vendors and technical personnel to meet project milestones.
- Stay abreast of new technology and methods to optimize development for the enterprise.
- Coordinates the activities of a group of developers on a specific effort to drive technology, tools, architecture, and modeling.
- Effective at complex problem resolution and expected to assist in resolving all difficult to resolve issues — expanding the solution to include infrastructure, architecture, and multi - tier tools and development strategies.
- Responsible for compliance to IS change management standards, including a lead role in code reviews, implementation plans, contingency plans and updating of disaster recovery plan.
- Decisions and actions influence a large number of people and have direct impact on the success of the functional area and / or organization.
- Has impact on quality, support - ability and timeliness of delivery of the application.
- Decisions can be either strategic or tactical in nature and impact the function of the department and organization as a whole.